Big Daddy Guns reduces data entry and increases product listings
Multichannel Selling, Listing Management
We sat down with Tony and Jon of Big Daddy Guns, a leading firearms and accessories retailer with both an online and offline presence. Located in Gainesville, FL, Big Daddy Guns has been serving as a one stop shop for firearms needs since 2012.
Today, Big Daddy Guns sells on Amazon, eBay, GunBroker.com, GunsAmerica, their own website and in a brick-and-mortar store. They have grown to become a successful establishment both on and offline. These guys always strive for the best possible customer experience, which has been a big factor in their success. Their advice for excelling at customer service? Always answer the phone (or maybe email in your case), and treat people the way you would want to be treated. If you take a look at their reviews and customer comments on the Big Daddy Guns Facebook page, this customer service strategy is definitely paying off.
Even though Big Daddy Guns was already a successful omnichannel ecommerce business, ecomdash has helped them continue to grow and scale. How have Tony and Jon put ecomdash to work? Here are their best practices for using ecomdash inventory software.
- Add new sales channels: Tony and Jon added eBay after implementing ecomdash. This helps grow their online presence and increase opportunity for sales.
- Reduce excess costs: With ecomdash tracking all moving parts of an ecommerce business in one central location, Jon and Tony don’t have to hire new managers for each sales channel.
- Don’t worry about the hours in a day: Before, the Big Daddy Guns team was limited by the number of hours in a day. It was a full time job tracking and managing inventory, and there were only so many people who could do it. Now that each store’s data is located on one central screen, they can manage more products and storefronts quicker and with better accuracy, and aren’t limited by your average 9-5 business hours. Ecomdash handles it 24/7, so they can relax and stress less.
- Push for growth: Since everything is in one location with a live view of inventory for each sales channel, Jon and Tony have the time and control over their business to add more new products to sell (SKUs). They previously had 300 items listed on Amazon, 400 on GunBroker.com and 1,500 on their website. Now, there are 3,000 SKUs on Amazon, 1,000 on GunBroker.com and 17,000 on their website. With more products listed, Big Daddy Guns can increase sales overall.
- Set future goals: With improved control, accuracy and automation, Jon and Tony intend to add a Facebook store to their ecommerce line up. They have a goal in mind of increasing the number of products sold on GunBroker.com from 1,000 to 10,000 over time.
A big thanks to Jon and Tony of Big Daddy Guns for chatting with us about how the are using ecomdash how it can enable their business growth efforts. We wish them luck and are thrilled to be a part of their journey to mega-success.