Now that you know ecomdash is integrated with Magento and more about each of Magento’s platforms, we can breakdown Magento Go. There’s a reason we chose Magento as an ecommerce solution to integrate with for our customers- it’s been fantastic for small businesses – and Magento Go was definitely a factor in our decision-making. Please know, since the time we originally wrote this post (and developed the integration software), new details have come to light directly from Magento. We learned the Magento Go platform will be shutting down February 1, 2015. At that point, Magento will stop offering customer service for it’s Magento Go users. They’ve provided migration links and checklists for customers to switch to a different ecommerce platform at that point. However, if you wish you continue using Magento, both the Community and Enterprise editions are still available with their highly varied degrees of service and support.
Magento Go is a service designed specifically to help small business merchants build a powerful store so they can start selling products quickly and easily. Magento handles the back-end tasks of the software, so users don’t have to worry about any technological issues or needs. Magento Go offers
- Customizable design– Upload your logo and choose from one of Magento’s many professionally-designed templates to launch your store quickly. No design knowledge is required.
- Unlimited product options– Magento Go’s product catalog is completely flexible to support any type of product you want to sell.
- Industry leading SEO– Magento Go will help make your store and products more visible and easier to find in search engines.
- Retention and Loyalty Programs– Magento Go provides you with tools for customer retention, including coupons, gift cards, and banners.
- Customer Engagement– Grow your reach with customer-assisted shopping, product comparisons, and wish lists.
- Magento Connect– Take advantage of Magento’s official extension marketplace. Find add-ons and extensions to customize your store.
Magento Connect can be found here. Choose from extensions like One Page Checkout, Pay Pal, and more.
In addition, Magento has prepared robust training sites for sellers who enjoy self-guided learning. Learn about managing your store, growing your business with SEO, design insights, and much more.
We know that Magento Go has provided excellent resources for our customers to date, and enables them to achieve continued success on a daily basis. We look forward to (now eBay’s) Magento providing rock-solid service and support as they evolve their current offerings and continue to provide transition resources for customers affected by the recent changes. As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions. Welcome to Magento with ecomdash, and happy selling!