Do you manufacture the products you sell? If you do, you know how hard it can be to track every piece and part that goes into your finished product. Ecomdash is about to make that easier with product building software. We’re working on a new feature that will track the online quantity of every component that goes into your manufactured or “built” products.
With our new work order feature, you can create a new work order and we’ll automatically reduce the quantity of each component that is used to build the final product. Once the work order is completed, we’ll increase the quantity of the finished product on hand across all your sales platforms.
Check out all the various functions that you can enjoy with the built products feature:
- Create work orders and assign to employees.
- View which individual components need to be reordered via our forecasting reports.
- Easily reduce the risk of running out of stock of one or more parts used to make or package your final product with our forecasting tool.
- Once a work order is completed, we’ll update your sales platforms with the new quantity of the finished product.
- Control how effectively you’re managing raw materials and finished product inventory with a bird’s eye view of the entire manufacturing process.
- Track costs of individual components and gain insight into profitability by knowing exactly what it costs to build and sell a product.
Many of our clients who manufacture products have told us how valuable this new feature will be for them. Check out the various support documentation below to help you with our built product feature:
- What are Built Products and how can I use them?
- How do I create a built product?
- How can I create Built Products in bulk?
- Adding “total build hours” to a built product