Which of our recent marketplace API integrations is ideal for your business? Compare these statistics below to find out who to add to your ecommerce line up.
Formerly Buy.com, Rakuten.com is a popular ecommerce marketplace that is ranked among the top 3 ecommerce sites in the world. At a glance, here is how they’ve profited over the past year:
- In Quarter 3 of 2014, Rakuten.com had 14.88 million unique buyers. In that same quarter, Rakuten.com experienced domestic gross transaction value of 585.30 billion Yen (4.92 billion US dollars).
- Rakuten.com’s 2013 global ecommerce revenue was $3.08 billion.
- Rakuten.com hosts 5,500 shop owners.
There are 24 products categories sellers can list their items under. Those include
- Video Games
- Books, Music and Movies
Newegg has developed a reputation for exceptional customer service. Within the past year, Newegg has
- Beat out Amazon for the number one spot in Customer Satisfaction in online retailers, according to the ACSI Survey. Newegg ranks ahead of eBay, Overstock.com and Netflix.
- Ranked #10 in Internet Retailers Top 500 Guide.
- Voted in the top 10 “Most Trustworthy Retailers” by Online Trust Alliance.
Although Newegg offers merchandise across a wide variety of categories including heath/beauty, apparel, and pets, it is well known for being a computer and electronics marketplace. Voted “Shoppers Choice” for computers in 2004 through 2011, Newegg’s most popular product categories are
- Computer Hardware
- Cellphones/Cellphone Accessories
If you sell in any of the above categories, consider signing up to list your products on Newegg.
Sears marketplace boasts 15 million daily shoppers and 19 million unique visitors in October 2014. Much like Amazon, Sears operates as its own retailer with third-party sellers listing items on their marketplace – and, they now offer their own fulfillment service. In a recent WebRetailer survey, sellers disclosed how much annual revenue they make on the marketplace:
- Annual revenue of under $10,000 – 72.2%
- Annual revenue of $10,000 – $100,000 – 16.7%
- Annual revenue of $100,000 – $1 million – 11.1%
Which marketplace do you think would make a great addition to your current ecommerce line-up? Let us know in the comments.